2018 ART OF LIVING SCHOLARSHIP
As architects, we have both the opportunity and the responsibility of creating the environments in which we live, learn and grow. We are constantly developing as designers as we work to understand the inter-relatedness of form and function, and how to manipulate mass and space in order to satisfy the aesthetic and pragmatic objectives of both our clients and ourselves. We appreciate beauty, and with a desire to encourage its continuing expression in our culture, SDS Architects is offering a $1,000 first place scholarship and a $500 runner-up scholarship to two outstanding, graduating, high school seniors looking to continue their education in the fine arts (especially visual/digital arts) or architecture.
- Graduating High School Senior at one of the following High Schools: Ashland, Bloomer, Cashton, Colfax, Durand, Elcho, Elk Mound, Frederic, Menomonie, Mondovi, Phillips, Regis, River Valley, Somerset, or Spring Valley.
- Continuing education at a public or private college in the Fall of 2018 in the fields of Art, Design or Architecture.
- A link to the on-line application is below. In addition to basic personal information, you will need to complete a 500-1000 word essay on who you are now, who you hope to be, and what you hope to do in the future. Consider things such as how the arts and/or architecture have influenced your life and how you will make a difference with your art in the future. You will also need to attach a portfolio of your artwork, with a limit of 5 images (minimum size requirement of 850 pixels x 1100 pixels). Please include a short description of each project pictured including information on the media used to create the art and the size of the original piece. No performance art.
- Scholarships will be awarded upon completion of one semester of higher education in the pursuit of a degree in Fine Art, Design or Architecture.
- Applications are due by Friday, April 6, 2018. No late entries will be considered.
Please click on the link below to apply or visit our website to see news article and link to the on-line scholarship form.